Friday, September 2, 2011

week one:

Well, it's been one week since I've said goodbye to the burg and hello to the (other) burgh! And even though it's only been one week, I can tell that it's going to be a lot different from last year. In all the right ways though! First off, there's more walking. With my dorm being a 15 minute walk to all my classes, a 10 minute walk from Lauren's house (we call it Dawson, for future reference), and a 10-15 minute walk to all the closest food places and Steph's dorm, well...my sneakers are going to get a lot of wear this year! (and as we all know, Pittsburgh is NOT flat...these hills are STEEP man!)
 But I don't really mind. Not yet at least....I'm trying notttt to think about the snowy months ahead ;)  But with all this extra walking, and the placement of my dorm building, I've discovered a few new food places on and off campus! So of course I've been chowing down! One thing I love about my friends? That they love to eat as much as I do...
 Chipotle with Steph, Mag, Kelsey, & David
 sushi outside on the Cathedral Lawn
 create your own pasta!
iced mocha from the new coffee place i've 
discovered on campus...this could be dangerous :P
Another thing that's different about this year? The fact that not all of my friends are in dorms...or even near each other for that matter! It makes it a little more difficult to see everyone over the week, but the weekends are when we can really get together. It's cool though, everyone being so spread apart, because we're all just meeting more and more people! AND I get to enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal every once in a while....courtesy of Laur :)
 pork chops. rice-a-roni. applesauce.
:)
What else is different this year? Definitely my school work-load. All of this reading is kicking my butt!!! I'm enrolled in five classes, and even though it's a lot of reading, I really love my professors AND what I'm learning this year! So I WANT to get all the work done!...it's just...so.much. I'm sure I'll go through my stressful moments (like those weeks where four papers are due plus a project) but I know I'll get through it...just gotta work hard! ;)  I'm taking a sign language class, intro to nonfiction writing, communications of mass media, psychology of personality, anddd a slavic class (dealing with vampires) called Blood and Empire.  See what I mean though?...don't they all sound pretty interesting!? And I'm in my own room this year...so no excuses for not studying!! ...right??? (ps. totally have the best view from my window this year; looks over the enntttiiire city of Oakland; love it). 

Another thing that I absolutely love about my second year here at Pitt? The fact that one of my best friends, Steph, is here for the year. It's nice to have a little piece of home here with me...especially someone who knows me so well. Someone who can sit in my room and we don't even talk for two hours cus we're both just doing our own thing. That might sound weird...but you'll know what I mean if you ever have to awkwardly sit in a quiet room with someone who you don't know very well...
So, like I said before, being here, and being so spread out, it's given us the opportunity to meet A LOT of different people...liiiiike:
Steph's roommates! (minus one) 
enjoying some Lulu's Noodles on Craig St.
groups of people! (new and old)
at Amy's 19th birthday celebration;
thrown by her older brother!
Ms. Phyllis! Our security guard who insists on knowing
everyone's name (no joke).
pictured here; at the activities fair (blown up on a
huuuge poster board!)
Spiderman!
(probably the most random)
Football players!
Steph and her friend Kemji; notice her awesome
Ninja Turtle backpack...complete with a hood for
when it rains!...which it does...a lot. ;)
Basketball players!
so.so.tall....
And even female a cappella singers!
at: the Activities Fair, held in The Pete

So yesss...LOTS of new faces this year...even more that I didn't get to snap a picture of! It's pretty cool not being a freshman anymore...you feel like you know what you're doing. And you still have those awesome friends from last year...like THESE guys:
David!
Lauren!
Ruben!
Goop!
with the Lauren's
and many MANY more who, again, weren't pictured this week...no worries, I'll get em ;)
So overall, I'm really really enjoying being back here. There is always sooomething going on. Someone to see. Somewhere to go. Some homework to do. I wish I had a little bit more time for some clubs this semester, but I may have to hold off until nextttt semester. Because this is gonna be a busy one! But that's how I like life..busy. The kind of days where as soon as you hit the sheets at night, you pass out. And you don't wake up until that alarm goes off at 7:00 the next morning...
 Splatter painting in the lounge!
Let's hope this fortune cookie is a sign that I should
stick with this Communications major!!

Until next time, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend; enjoy 
this beautiful weather while we have it! I know I am! :)

this weekends agenda:
 friday panera plans with lauren.
saturday night football game; go panthers!
sunday homework.
monday afternoon pirates game; go bucs!!

happy labor day in advance!

  

1 comment:

  1. reading your blog is higher on my priority list than my homework :) love you!

    ReplyDelete