Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Double Doors!...Dumbledore!??"


We Love Pitt! (can you tell?)
Daniela. Myself. Kimmy.

I seriously don’t think that I could have asked for a better weekend. I’m serious! After being extremely close to death (okay, that’s an exaggeration), but after being extremely sick last week I am feeling much much better and this weekend just made things that much better. So to recap my life lately (yes, I do realize that this would probably be 10x easier to do if I just kept up with my blog everyday but you have to remember that I have turned into an extremely lazy person. Or maybe the thought just didn’t occur to me until now…) I figure that I’ll go through day by day. Starting wiiiiiiith…

Tuesday:
I think Tuesday is officially my “alone day.” I mean, I didn’t deem it “alone day” on purpose…cus I’ll admit, that sounds pretty damn depressing.  It just kind of worked out that way. I mean, I guess everyone just has lotsss of classes on Tuesdays and all at different times. But I sort of enjoy it. I wake up and go to my intro to film class for two hours, grab some brunch, and then take a nap! And then I just do some homework for the rest of the day. But anyway, back to my point. I went to Starbucks, because, let’s face it, I’m a coffee addict, and I brought some homework with me and sat in one of those awkwardly comfortable big chairs. (You know, the kind you look at and think: there’s no way that’s comfortable. But then it just…pleasantly surprises you!) So I was sitting there doing some homework (the place is paaacked by the way) and this little old man walks in. Im talking really old here. With one of those old-fashioned newsie hats on. And a big puffy coat. So he sits down on this bench with a little bag of chips. And I swear, he tried to open this bag of chips for seven straight minutes. Getting all flustered and moving to the edge of his seat and his hands were shaking and everything. And the entire time I was watching him I was tryyyying to decide if I should offer some help! But you never know with old people. pardon me…”older gentlemen” as gram would say ;)  So when I fiiiinally decided that I should help this guy…he gets the bag open! And seriously, the look on that man’s face was priceless. Happiest look I had seen all day. Just so relieved but triumphant at the same time. And then when he ate his first chip…man, the world was his.
So now that you’re probably thinking I’m extremely creepy for watching this old man for so long, I guess I should explain it all. For my creative writing class I have to write a piece in the voice of someone else. And I’m supposed to be challenging myself with things I’ve never done before. So after I snapped out of watching this whole thing happen…it hit me! I am going to write my creative writing piece as if I were this old man. Struggling to open a small bag of chips. And the feeling of finally doing it.   I think it should be fun at least. Or maybe I’m just weird…

Myself. Maggie. Kimmy.

Wednesday:
I gave my music in Africa presentation and KILLLLLED IT. Yeah buddy! Went to Astronomy, where the classroom was, once again, about 100 degrees. And then a whole big group of us went to the Union to see the comedian: Loni Love. She’s on Comedy Central a lot and is featured on Chelsea Lately a lot. And she was…hilarious. Soooooo funny! And we sat front row too! Couldn’t have asked for a better time, really.
twiiiiiiins!

Thursday:
Classes. Starbucks date with Daniela. Jersey Shore Party. Dance party in the hallway. Worked out at the gym at midnight (Daniela and I have been motivating each other to go everyday…we’ve been so good :D ). And then came back to this little surprise….
 Thank you!...Zoe. Kimmy. Amy. and Caroline!!!!! Our floor started this new recycling thing, so they thought it would be funny to barricade our door while we were working out! And okay...I'll admit, it was actually really funny :P.  We spent the rest of the night hanging out in the hallway talking about school and home and how our lives should be made into a reality show...

Friday:
We went to the movies!! It was a girls night :) So first Daniela, Kimmy, Kim, Maggie, and I went to Market to have dinner together and then we ventured over to the Waterfront to see No Strings Attached. I, personally, recommend it. It was pretty adorable. We then waited outside in the snowwww for the bus to arrive. So, naturally, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to take some pictures. We're girls. It happens. 
Daniela. Myself. Kim. Kimmy.

Maggie and meeee :)

 Outside the Waterfront.

Saturday:
Basically spent the day just hanging out. I know it probably doesn't sound like much...or at least doesn't sound very exciting, but I don't know. It was just, fun. It seemed like everyone stayed at school this weekend, when normally a couple people from our floor are usually gone, and it was just...really apparent that everyone was here. We had our door open allll weekend long and the girls were just in and out all day every day. It was pretty cool. We just had lots of random conversations and sooo much laughing and random lunch and dinner dates. It was cool. Saturday niiight though, we ventured over to Lothrop  (where Maggie and Amy live) to hang out with all of our friends (lots of new friends made too!) to hang out. And it eventually just turned into one big dance party :)  Definitely adding this night to one of my favorites here at Pitt. Love these people. Every single one of them.
Dance Party!

 Myself. Caroline (sooo great to have her here 
this weekend) and Amy!

 Some new friends we met this weekend!
Ben and Amy.

Maggie. Kevin. and Myself.
(Proof of our new-found best friendship)

Amy. Ruben. and Myself.
I'm being completely serious when I say this:
probably two of the most positive people I have
ever ever everrrrr met. So great.

Sunday:
I officially deem Sundays as: Lazy Sundays. If you do something incredibly productive on Sunday...something is just wrong with you. I'm sorry. Those are just the rules of Pitt. But anyway, we woke up and went to breakfast at Market (looove breakfast!) with Caroline and Alyssa and ended up running into Goop and Ruben so we stayed even longer and talked to them. Then we came back to the room and just worked on some homework (this doesn't break the "lazy sunday" rule strictly due to the fact that, yes we may do homework, but we are not working diligently on it). And once again we just had a billionnnn and one people come in our room to talk. Sadly, Amy's loyal (and my best friend, considering I pet-sat him for a weekend) pet fish, James, died today :( It was a sad moment. But I think she'll get through ;)  D, Kimmy, and I went to church together and then met up with everyone once again for a splendid dinner and conversation at Market. What a way to end the night. And a perfect weekend.

Some more pictures from the weekend...
D curled my hair with her "magic wand" 
curling iron...i loooved it! I may have to
invest in on...

Myself. Maggie. and Kimmy.
These two make me laugh. Nonstop. 

I am really really blessed to have such beautiful and amazing friends. All of them. They're all incredibly unique and hilarious. They make me laugh every single day of every single week, and I really think that it doesn't get any better than that. I know we were just joking around about it, but I really think we would be an awesome reality show. Or maybe not...just because there's no drama and we're all way too nice :P but still...it'd be pretty cool! But really, I just can't get over how lucky I got with the people I live around and the people I met just that first week of school. I know a lot of the events during the first week of freshman year are (seriously) extremely corny, but if I had to give advice to anyone going into college, it would be to go to those events anyway. Cus even though it's awkward and (sometimes) boring and you probably think you're "too cool" to go...you have to remember that everyone else is in the same exact position that you're in. And that the people you meet there could really turn out to be some of your best friends...
Daniela. Kimmy. Myself. Kim. Maggie.

And one last note (because I know this post is getting to be ridiculously long):
Holland 3rd Floor won the Smoothie Competition! Basically meaning, we're all fatties who love ice cream and eat it way too much! Hahaha kiddinggg of course! It just means that we beat all of the other freshman floors on campus in buying the most smoothies/ice cream/milkshakes/etc. Soooo what does that mean? Well first of all, it means that we get this snazzy trophy!:
and secondly, it means that, on Tuesday night, the ice cream place is coming TO US (thats right, we don't even have to get out of our PJ's) for a smoothie/milkshake party!! Wooooo!!! Doesn't get much better than that...



No comments:

Post a Comment