Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer and the livin' is easy...

I absolutely love the summer time. There's just something so incredibly relaxing about every single day. Even if it's action-packed. Knowing that there's no school work to be done. Feeling as if the days and the nights are just longer. And knowing that there's always tomorrow for the things that just don't seem to get done. I love not having a set schedule...the freedom to do whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it. And the comfort in knowing that I have the best friends in the world to get me through my best and my worst times. I'm so blessed and I can't say it enough for my family, my friends, my education, and my upbringing. My life is awesome. Sometimes, I just don't appreciate it as much as I should.
With only a little over a month left of summer, I've come to the conclusion that Harrisburg has a lot more to offer then I give it credit. So it's time that I start taking advantage of such a cool little city. And it's also time that I start spending more time with the friends that I won't be seeing too much for the rest of this summer! With everyone getting ready to go to school, last minute vacations, jobs, family events, and so on...it's hard to find time to spend with everyone! So Ash, Steph, Carly, and I took advantage of the one day this week that we were all free. Monday. What a lame day most people would say, Monday...the start of the work week. Monday = blahhh. But not for us :)  We went to lunch, we went to Color Me Mine, we made dinner, and we saw Harry Potter 7 Part 2 in 3D! It was an absolutely wonderful day. I wish everyday could be this carefree and beautiful :) Have I mentioned that I have some beautiful best friends as well? If I haven't, well, take note!
I decided to paint a "jumbo cappuccino mug" for obvious reasons. One, for my coffee addiction. And two, for the upcoming school year of ramen noodles, soup, and cereal. Yummm. 
Speaking of my coffee addiction, I spent the afternoon in this hot (but bearable) weather outside of Starbucks with Chris and Priscilla. I don't see these two enough. I've decided. And the three of us decided that we'll be spending more time together this summer for sure. I'm not lying when I say the three of us could talk forever and never run out of things to say. It's sort of our tradition...to all meet up at Starbucks and catch up on life when we've all been too busy to actually hang out. It's always a hilarious time and we always make a billion unrealistic plans about life in general. But I think those are the best conversations sometimes :)
And in the meantime, in between all my shifts at work and spending time with friends and family...I've been spending a lot of time with this guy...isn't he the cutest? He never talks too much. He doesn't complain. And he knows just how to brighten up anyone's day :) Yeah, he's a couch hog. And a bed hog. And he doesssss tend to drool a little bit (okay, a lot sometimes) and soooometimes he chews on the remote or steals something off of your plate...but other than that, he's pretty perfect ;)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment