Wednesday, July 27, 2011

thank you.

When you work 5-6 days a week over the summer, I've learned that you really need to take advantage of your days off. I mean, when you think about it...if you work, and your friends work...the odds of you all having off on the same day is pretty slim. But today was one of those days. I like to call these days: perfect. And there was absolutely nothing that could have brought this day down...
These are my two favorite sisters in the entire world: Colleen and Jen. They're not myyy sisters, but they may as well be. When the three of us are together...I feel like a pretty awesome person. Colleen and I have been best friends since kindergarten. I remember perfectly the first time we met...sitting on the church stairs waiting for our buses to be called at the end of the school day. Crazy right? If you ask her, she'll repeat the same exact memory. That's how you know you're meant to be best friends forever. I remember the times when I used to spend just about every day at Coll's house. And when I wasn't there, she was here. So her family sort of became my family. And here we are...sitting in Neato Burrito..she, Jen, and I. Jen has basically known me my entire life...through all those awkward stages that we all go through. I absolutely love the fact that two sisters can hang out without bickering once. Without freaking out and acting all crazy. It's days like these I love. And days when Coll's friends and Jen's friends all get together for a good time. You just don't find siblings like this everyday...
But anyway, we ate lunch. We had long discussions about Snapple bottles. We laughed about stupid things. Talked about upcoming concerts and plans. And ate some bangin' burritos...it's sort of become our tradition! We walked through the good ole' city of Harrisburg...all the way to the Treasury, where Jen works. And we walked back! The weather was amazing...not too hot like it has been lately. And when we were done with that, Coll and I took a little trip to Midtown Scholar. 
This just happens to be one of my favorite places in the entire world. And I am completely confident with that statement. I love this place. It's exactly the kind of place that I would (someday) love to own. It's this little (yet not so little) book store right in the city (in Midtown, duh). It used to be an old vintage store which was also cool. It's four different levels and has every single book you could probably imagine. It has this awesome old feel to it and smells like coffee and books. The perfect combination. If you ever get a chance to go in, I guarantee you'll see people sitting at tables all around the place, sipping their coffee or tea and reading a book. And if they're not at tables, you'll see them propped up against the bookshelves, sitting on the floor. This place hosts concerts and art galleries too. It's the most relaxing place I've ever been to. Perfect for rainy days or those days where you just need to escape from reality for a little while. I always thought books were the best ways to get away...
After a wonderfully perfect afternoon with Colleen, she dropped me off to head to work (request her at Fridays! She's a wonderful waitress!!). I met up with Carly and we got ready for a wonderful evening (separate blog post to come!) of good friends and swimming to keep her mind off of her surgery tomorrow...

So now I am here, blogging away...thankful for such an awesome day off and for such incredible friends. I really do love the life I live. :)


1-Colleen & Jen at Neato Burrito 2-Colleen & a cool advertisement we came across 3-Midtown Scholar
 4-Ashley & Gabby poolside at Carly's 5-The greatest puppy in the world; Trey

  

No comments:

Post a Comment